2012 Annual Meeting
San Diego, California
Smart Phone App
For this year's annual meeting SSA has developed a free Smart Phone web application which contains complete program schedule information, full text of all presentation abstracts, information about several of the special events to be held during the meeting, maps of the meeting hotel, a restaurant guide, and links to other useful information. To download the app to your iPhone or iPod Touch* please follow these instructions:
- Open Safari on your iPhone, iPod Touch and enter the following URL:
You should see a screen that looks like this:
- Please wait for the app to finish loading before continuing. When it has finished your screen should look like this:
- Tap the center button at the bottom of the screen (in older versions of Mobile Safari the button looks like this and in newer versions it looks like this ).
- Tap on the "Add to Home Screen" button.
- You will be prompted to set the name of the Web App, which has already been predefined as "SSA 2012" in the text box. You may change this if you wish or just accept the default name by tapping on the "Add" button in the upper right hand corner.
- The icon for the SSA 2012 Web App will then appear on your device's home screen. You can run it just like any other app by tapping on it.
- Once the app has been loaded onto your iPhone or iPod Touch it should work even when you don't have an internet connection (except for the links to websites in the "Links" section). If your device prompts you to connect to the internet when opening the app and no connection is available you may safely ignore it and continue to access the app. Please note that offline operation requires ios version 3.2 or later.
This app represents SSA's first venture into the world of mobile web applications. Unfortunately will be unable to provide technical support during the meeting, but we would like to hear any feedback you may wish to offer so that we may improve the application for future meetings. Please email any questions, comments, bug reports or etc. to webmaster [at] seismosoc [dot] org.