2014 Annual Meeting
30 April – 2 May
Web App for Smart Phones and Tablets
Download this app to get:
- Complete Program Schedule
- Full text of abstracts
- Special event details
- Anchorage Maps
- And more
These instructions are specific to Apple iOS devices but the process will be fairly similar on Android and other mobile devices. The app has only been tested on iOS.
- Open the web browser on your mobile device and enter this URL:
You should see this screen (wait for the app to finish loading before continuing):
- Tap the center button at the bottom of the screen that looks like this (older versions look like this or this ).
- Tap on the "Add to Home Screen" button (examples below for iOS 7, iOS 6, and earlier versions):
- Tap on the "Add" button in the upper right hand corner (examples below for iOS 7 and earlier versions):
- The icon for the SSA 2014 Web App will then appear on your device’s home screen. You can run it by tapping on it.
- Once the app has been loaded onto your mobile device it should work even when you don't have an internet connection (except for links to external websites). If your device prompts you to connect to the internet when opening the app and no connection is available you may safely ignore it and continue to access the app. Please note that offline operation requires ios version 3.2 or later.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide technical support for this mobile web application during the meeting, but we would like to hear any feedback you may wish to offer so that we may improve the application for future meetings. Please email any questions, comments, bug reports or etc. to webmaster [at] seismosoc [dot] org.