The Seismological Society of America allows for Open Access of papers published in the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America and Seismological Research Letters under the following conditions:
- Authors who wish to post the PDF version of their article on a personal or institutional website should prepend the BSSA cover page or SRL cover page to their article. This cover sheet identifies it as a copy for distribution only by the author under SSA’s Open Access Policy. For instructions on adding the cover sheet see below.
- Authors can immediately post this version on their personal websites.
- If required by their institutions, then authors can allow this version to be posted on their home institution’s archives after a 12 month embargo. If a shorter embargo is required by governmental regulations then the authors should contact the journal to request a special exception.
Adding the Coversheet
SSA has identified a number of ways to add the Open Access cover sheet to the pdf of your paper.
- Download a pdf of your paper from the journal web site.
- Download the appropriate cover page for BSSA or SRL.