Check back soon for information regarding the 2019 Eastern Section-SSA Annual Meeting.
2018 Eastern Section SSA Annual Meeting
10-14 June 2018
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Scotiabank Convention Centre
Student Travel Grant Application Deadline: 31 March 2018
Hotel Room Block Reservation Cutoff: 10 May 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline: 16 March 2018
Pre-Registration Discount Deadline: 27 April 2018
Final Online Registration Deadline: 1 June 2018
On-site Registration will be available.
Tentative Meeting Schedule
Please find the tentative 2018 meeting schedule here.
Abstract Deadline: 16 March 2018
The abstract deadline is on 16 March 2018. Submit an abstract here.
Student Travel Grants
Applications are due by 31 March 2018. Learn more about the application process here.
Awards will be given for the best oral and poster presentations by students.
The maximum poster size is 4 feet tall and 6 feet wide.
Online registration will be available until 1 June 2018.
Please find rates here.
Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa (4★)
- Located <5 minute walk from Convention Centre
- Online reservation: https://www.niagarafallsmarriott.com/company/canadian-geophysical-union
- Or by telephone: 1-888-501-8916 and quote the group name “Canadian Geophysical Union Annual Meeting”.
Radisson Hotel and Suites Fallsview (3★)
- Located 6 minute walk from Convention Centre
- Online reservation: www.radisson.com/cgu
- Or by telephone: 905-356-1944 or 1-877-325-5784 and identify yourself as booking with the Canadian Geophysical Union Annual Meeting.
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls (3★)
- Located 10 minute walk from Convention Centre
- Online reservation: www.fourpointsniagarafallsfallsview.com/groups-and-meetings.php and use the group code “CGUMTG2018”
- Or by telephone: 1-800-363-3255 and quote the group name “Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU)”.
Because of high demand in October, lodging reservations from the block of rooms being held for the ES-SSA meeting will be available only until 10 May 2018, so please make your hotel reservations before that date. Reservations received after that date will be provided on a space-available basis at prevailing rates.
The meeting will be held at Scotiabank Convention Centre (6815 Stanley Avenue Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3Y9).