Our Society’s ability to advance seismology depends on your support. All tax-deductible donations to SSA help train the next generation of earthquake experts and assist our efforts to mitigate seismic hazards worldwide.Donate Now
SSA General Fund
Help SSA continue to deliver our dynamic offerings in publishing, meetings, government relations and communications. Recently funded activity:
- Support for the Global Travel Grant, which sends SSA student members to attend seismology-related workshops or small meetings around the world.
- Student Seismology Workshop at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (2020)
Support the professional development of students, seismologists and earthquake engineers through a fund that honors the work of Hiroo Kanamori. Recently funded activity:
- Three international travel grants to the 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Annual Meeting workshops on machine learning, career advancement, how to write a peer-review paper and more.
Student Travel Grant Fund
Provide travel support to students attending the SSA Annual Meeting, where they make connections and advance their careers.
- In 2019, provided eighteen student travel grants, which included a cash stipend and complimentary registration.
Geo-CVD Student Travel Grant Fund
Send our student members to Washington D.C. for geosciences advocacy training at the annual Geosciences Congressional Visits Day (Geo-CVD).
- Supports the participation of two students in 2019 — Marlon Ramos (University of Michigan) and Dimitri Voytan (University of Texas, Austin).
William B. Joyner Memorial Fund
Support the William B. Joyner Memorial Lecture Series, which honors Joyner’s commitment to the exchange of information at the interface of earthquake science and earthquake engineering. Recent activity:
- In 2019, SSA selected Robert W. Graves, who presented the William B. Joyner Lecture at the EERI 2019 Annual Meeting.
- The Fund provides the honorarium for The Charles F. Richter Early Career Award, which was awarded to Marine Denolle at the 2019 SSA Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington.