Our Society’s ability to advance seismology depends on your support. All tax-deductible donations to SSA help train the next generation of earthquake experts and assist our efforts to mitigate seismic hazards worldwide.Donate Now
SSA General Fund
Help SSA continue to deliver our dynamic offerings in publishing, meetings, government relations and communications. Recently funded activity:
- Support for the 2017 CIG-LLNL Computational Seismology Workshop.
- Student Seismology Workshop at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (2018)
- Outreach to policymakers in support of seismological research and NEHRP reauthorization.
Support the professional development of students, seismologists and earthquake engineers through a fund that honors the work of Hiroo Kanamori. Recently funded activity:
- Four international travel grants to the Annual Meeting for SSA members.
Student Travel Grant Fund
Provide travel support to students attending the SSA Annual Meeting, where they make connections and advance their careers.
- Provided thirteen student travel grants, which included a cash stipend and complimentary registration.
Geo-CVD Student Travel Grant Fund
Send our student members to Washington D.C. for geosciences advocacy training at the annual Geosciences Congressional Visits Day (GEO-CVD).
- Supported the participation of two students in 2018 — Sutton Chiorini (Miami University) and Colin Pennington (The University of Oklahoma).
William B. Joyner Memorial Fund
Support the William B. Joyner Memorial Lecture Series, which honors Joyner’s commitment to the exchange of information at the interface of earthquake science and earthquake engineering. Recent activity:
- In 2018, SSA selected Ellen M. Rathje as the Joyner Lecturer.
- The Fund provides the honorarium for The Charles F. Richter Early Career Award, which was awarded to Annemarie Baltay at the 2018 Seismology of the Americas.
SSA Annual Meeting Sponsorship: Discounted Registration for Students
Corporations and organizations are invited to sponsor events at the Society’s Annual Meeting each spring, allowing SSA to provide discounted registrations for student and early career members. SSA thanks these corporations for their support at the 2018 Annual Meeting:
- Hasting Micro-Seismic Consulting
- Pacific Gas and Electric
- REF TEK®, a Trimble Brand