Our Society’s ability to advance seismology depends on your support. All tax-deductible donations to SSA help train the next generation of earthquake experts and assist our efforts to mitigate seismic hazards worldwide.Donate Now
SSA General Fund
Help SSA continue to deliver our dynamic offerings in publishing, meetings, government relations and communications. Recently funded activity:
- Support for the 2017 CIG-LLNL Computational Seismology Workshop.
- Webinar on how to work with Congress.
- Outreach to policymakers in support of seismological research and NEHRP reauthorization.
Support the professional development of students, seismologists and earthquake engineers through a fund that honors the work of Hiroo Kanamori. Recently funded activity:
- Three workshops at the Annual Meeting on publishing, PSHA and work-life balance.
- Four international travel grants to the Annual Meeting for SSA members.
- Student Seismology Workshop at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (2018)
Student Travel Grant Fund
Cover travel costs for students attending the SSA Annual Meeting, where they make connections and advance their careers.
- SSA members provided thirteen student travel grants, which included a cash stipend and complimentary registration.
Geo-CVD Student Travel Grant Fund
Send our student members to Washington D.C. for geosciences advocacy training at the annual Geosciences Congressional Visits Day (GEO-CVD).
- Supported the participation of two students in 2017 — Nate Lindsay, from University of California, Berkeley and Fransiska Dannemann, from Southern Methodist University.
William B. Joyner Memorial Fund
Support the William B. Joyner Memorial Lecture Series, which honors Joyner’s commitment to the exchange of information at the interface of earthquake science and earthquake engineering. Recent activity:
- In 2017, SSA selected William Lettis as the Joyner Lecturer.
- The Fund provides the honorarium for The Charles F. Richter Early Career Award, which was awarded to Diego Melgar Moctezuma at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
SSA Annual Meeting Sponsorship: Discounted Registration for Students
Corporations and organizations are invited to sponsor events at the Society’s Annual Meeting each spring, allowing SSA to provide discounted registrations for student and early career members. SSA thanks these corporations for their support at the 2017 Annual Meeting:
- Hasting Microseismic Consulting