28 December 2016 – The complete January/February 2017 issue of Seismological Research Letters, Volume 88, Number 1, is now available online at the GeoScienceWorld website. This issue includes:
Click to Enlarge Cover
On the Cover…
St. Louis, Missouri, is a major center for population, transportation, power, and utility transmission in the Midwest, and it is also at significant potential risk from seismically induced liquefaction and associated ground deformation of lowland alluvium. The simplified liquefaction map for St. Louis shows areas of severe risk (brown) as well as areas of artificial fill with unknown liquefaction potential (black) that require special study. Cramer et al. (this issue) used a new detailed near-surface shear-wave velocity model in a 1D equivalent-linear response analysis to estimate ground motions at the surface.
[ Close ]
- An Opinion piece by Florin Pavel, Next Future Large Earthquake in Romania: A Disaster Waiting to Happen?
- An Electronic Seismoligist column by Brendan J. Meade, William T. Freeman, James Wilson, Fernanda Viegas, and Martin Wattenberg, Interactive Visualization of Spatially Amplified GNSS Time-Series Position Fields
- Three Historical Seismologist columns:
- Origins of a National Seismic System in the United States by John R. Filson and Walter J. Arabasz
- Updated Tsunami Catalog for the Jalisco-Colima Coast, Mexico, Using Data from Historical Archives by Rocio Castillo-Aja and María Teresa Ramírez-Herrera
- Tracking Earthquakes in Documentary Sources of the Sixteenth–Eighteenth Centuries: Examples from Calabria (Southern Italy) by Andrea Tertulliani, Luigi Cucci, Antonio Rossi, and Corrado Castellano
- An Eduquakes column by Kelin Wang and Garry C. Rogers, Beating Fear with Hope: On Sustaining Earthquake Preparedness
- The SSA 2017 Annual Meeting Announcement with details of the meeting to be held in Denver, Colorado in April, the report on the Eastern Section SSA Annual Meeting held in Reston, Virginia in October, nine electronic supplements and more.
SSA members should log in to the members area and follow the link from there to SRL Online at GeoScienceWorld to access full text or PDFs of all articles from the issue (log in with your SSA username and password required). Institutional subscribers can access the issue here. The print edition of this issue is scheduled to mail on 5 January.
Not a member? Join now to get immediate access.
1 December 2016 – The complete December 2016 issue of the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA vol. 106, no. 6) is now available online to SSA members and institutional subscribers at GeoScienceWorld and BSSA Online. SSA members should log in to the members area and follow the link from there to BSSA Online at GeoScienceWorld to access full text or PDFs of all articles from the issue (log in with your SSA username and password required). Institutional BSSA subscribers can access the issue here; Institutional GeoScienceWorld subscribers can access it here. The print edition of this issue is scheduled to mail on 8 December.