These are the official statements as approved by the Board of Directors, with the support of the Government Relations Committee:
- Statement on Federal Investment in Earthquake Science
- Statement on the National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS)
- Statement on Education and Workforce Development
- Statement on Monitoring Earthquakes, Tsunamis and Other Hazards
- SSA-AGU Reaffirm Position on Comprehensive Nuclear-Test Ban Treaty
- Statement on Reauthorization of the National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP)
Prior Public Statements
In 2006, SSA issued this statement jointly with EERI to commemorate the anniversary of the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, which led to the founding of the Society.
- Diversity Training: In response to White House Executive Order on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping, SSA joined with other societies to request the Administration rescind the Order.