These are the official statements as approved by the Board of Directors, with the support of the Government Relations Committee:
- Statement on Federal Investment in Earthquake Science (February 2018)
- Statement on Education and Workforce Development (February 2018)
- Statement on Earthquake and Tsunami Monitoring (December 2017)
- SSA-AGU Reaffirm Position on Comprehensive Nuclear-Test Ban Treaty (June 2017)
- Statement on Reauthorization of the National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP) (May 2017)
In 2006, SSA issued this statement jointly with EERI to commemorate the anniversary of the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, which led to the founding of the Society.
- Diversity Training: In response to White House Executive Order on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping, SSA joined with other societies to request the Administration rescind the Order.