If research progress in seismology is important to you, then you should become a member of SSA.
Ready to Join Now?
Fill out an application:
All full SSA Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Electronic access to the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA) from 1911 to present.
- Electronic access to the Seismological Research Letters (SRL) from 1929 to present (formerly Earthquake Notes).
- Electronic access to SSA Annual Meeting presentations from past years.
- Discounts on the SSA annual meeting registration and back issue journal orders.
- Connection to other SSA members via the online membership roster.
- For an additional fee, members can receive print copies of both SSA journals BSSA and/or SRL.
Join at the Following Level:
The 1-year membership rates are as follows. Click the link below to get the application form and join.
- Regular Membership ($100): Print BSSA is available for $45 (inside the US) or $75 (outside the US). Print SRL is available for an additional $20 (inside the US) or $30 (outside the US).
- Student Membership ($25): This significant discount is given to those who can show they are current students. They may opt for a print SRL for an additional $20 (inside the US) or $30 (outside the US).
- Affiliate Membership ($65): Those who are already members of EERI can become SSA Affiliate members with journal access only to SRL. This must be ordered through EERI.
- Developing Country Membership ($45): An all-electronic membership option for individuals who are both residing in and a citizen of a country whose economy is classified other than "high-income" by the World Bank.
- Corporate Membership ($1000): Corporations can also join the society. View details about corporate membership.
All memberships expire on December 31. If you have questions, please contact SSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-525-5474.