When you join our community, you connect with an international network of scientists and engineers who share your passion for seismology.
Get ready to engage with like-minded individuals who care deeply about earthquake science, crustal and deep Earth structures and their applications for building an earthquake-aware world.
Join SSA today and gain access to our Annual Meetings, which bring you shoulder-to-shoulder with members from more than 40 countries around the globe. Stay up-to-date on the latest news in the field through our world-renowned journals and broaden your horizons through our workshops and trainings designed to help you succeed in your career.
The more you participate in SSA’s many offerings, the more chances you will have to meet your future collaborators, research problem solvers, seismological sounding boards—and, as we see quite often, your lifelong friends.
There has never been a better time to join us. We’re rolling out new workshops and webinars on topics like Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analysis (PSHA) and computational seismology, providing enhanced support for student and early-career members, and creating a strong network of advocates for geosciences—more important now than ever before—through our public policy programs in Washington, D.C.
Join SSA today and connect with others who are on the same wavelength. Only together can we advance the science of seismology.
- Electronic access to the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA) from 1911 to present
- Electronic access to the Seismological Research Letters (SRL) from 1929 to present (formerly Earthquake Notes)
- Electronic access to SSA Annual Meeting presentations from past years
- Discounts on SSA Annual Meeting registration and back issue journal orders
- Connection with other SSA members via the online membership roster
- For an additional fee: print copies of both SSA journals, BSSA and/or SRL
- Regular Membership ($100): Print BSSA is available for $45 (inside the U.S.) or $75 (outside the U.S.). Print SRL is available for an additional $20 (inside the U.S.) or $30 (outside the U.S.).
- Student Membership ($25): Members who can show they are current students may opt for print SRL for an additional $20 (inside the U.S.) or $30 (outside the U.S.).
- Affiliate Membership ($65): Those who are already members of EERI can become SSA Affiliate members with journal access only to SRL. This must be ordered through EERI.
- Developing Country Membership ($45): An all-electronic membership option for individuals who are both residing in and a citizen of a country whose economy is classified other than “high-income” by the World Bank.
- Emeritus Membership ($50): A special membership available to those who have been members of SSA for 25 years or more, are over 65, and are retired.
- Corporate Membership ($1,000): Corporations can also join the society. View details about corporate membership.
All memberships expire on December 31. Questions? Contact SSA at email@example.com or 510-525-5474.