2021 application deadline closed.
SSA is proud to offer travel grants to our 2021 Annual Meeting. We have several Society-funded travel grants open for applications and have made modifications due to COVID-19, including up to six grants for early-career members. Travel grants cover the cost of meeting registration and all applicants may request funding to support childcare (up to $500) so that they may attend the virtual meeting.
- Student Travel Grants are available to SSA student members from inside or outside the USA who must travel more than 500 km (311 miles) to attend the meeting. For the 2021 Meeting: No distance requirement.
- International Travel Grants are available to SSA members who are not students and who must travel from outside the US to attend the SSA meeting. For the 2021 Meeting: Open to non-US residents only.
- ESC/SSA Travel Grants are available to anyone traveling from a member-state of the European Seismological Commission. This grant is provided under a cooperative agreement between SSA and ESC. Click here to see the list of ESC member-states. For the 2021 Meeting: Up to three grants will be provided.
- New – Early-Career Grants: For 2021, SSA will offer up to six grants to early-career members who have been members in good standing since January 2020.
All applicants will be asked to submit an applicant essay, a draft itinerary and an abstract as first author. All travel grant recipients must present their work in either an oral or poster session at the meeting. Only one application per institution may be awarded.
- Student applicants must have a faculty advisor submit a one-to-two paragraph letter of support to email@example.com by 30 November 2020.
- Early-Career applicants must submit a one-to-two paragraph letter of support from a supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2020.
Review a Sample Application [152 KB].
If you have a question, contact us by email at email@example.com.
Sign-up for the SSA Travel Grant Mailing List
If you are interested in receiving emails about SSA’s travel grant programs, sign up for our email list using the button below.Email List Sign-up