This page will continue to be updated as new focus sections and issues are announced.
For more information, contact either the editorial staff at SRL or BSSA.
Call for Papers
Seismological Research Letters:
- SRL Data Mine Focus Section on the 2019 Ridgecrest earthquake sequence: Early, rapid publication of data sets sought to aid research on earthquake.
Submission Deadline to be included in print issue: 1 October 2019. Published online as soon as ready.
- SRL Focus Section on the 30 November, 2018 Anchorage Earthquake
Submission Deadline: 19 July 2019
- SRL Focus Section on Regional Seismic Networks in North America
Submission Deadline: 1 August 2019
- SRL Focus Section on Historical Seismograms: Challenges and Successes in Preservation, Digitization, and (Re)Analysis
Submission Deadline: 1 October 2019
Past SRL Focus Sections
Recent SRL Focus Sections:
- Machine Learning in Seismology (Guest Editors: Karianne J. Bergen, Ting Chen, and Zefeng Li)
- Focus Section on the 6 February 2018 Mw 6.4 Hualien, Taiwan, Earthquake (Guest Editors: Kuo-Fong Ma and Yih-Min Wu)
- North Korea’s September 2017 Nuclear Test and Its Aftermath (Guest Editors: William R. Walter and Lianxing Wen)
Past BSSA Special Issues
Recent BSSA Focus Sections:
- Fifty Years after the 1967 Koyna Earthquake—Lessons Learned about Reservoir Seismicity (RTS)
- 2016 Kaikōura Earthquake
- 2012 Haida Gwaii and 2013 Craig Earthquakes at the Pacific-North American Plate Boundary (British Columbia and Alaska)