Ready to Join Now?
Fill out an application:
If research progress in seismology is important to you, then you should become a member of SSA.
All full SSA Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Electronic access to the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA) from 1911 to present. View a sample copy of BSSA.
- Electronic access to the Seismological Research Letters (SRL) from 1929 to present (formerly Earthquake Notes). View a sample copy of SRL.
- Electronic access to SSA Annual Meeting presentations from past years.
- Discounts on the SSA annual meeting registration and back issue journal orders.
- Connection to other SSA members via the online membership roster.
- For an additional fee, members can receive print copies of both SSA journals BSSA and/or SRL.
Join at the following level:
The 1-year membership rates are as follows. Click the link below to get the application form and join.
- Regular Membership ($100): Print BSSA is available for $45 (inside the US) or $75 (outside the US). Print SRL is available for an additional $20 (inside the US) or $30 (outside the US).
- Student Membership ($25): This significant discount is given to those who can show they are current students. They may opt for a print SRL for an additional $20 (inside the US) or $30 (outside the US).
- Affiliate Membership ($65): Those who are already members of EERI can become SSA Affiliate members with journal access only to SRL. This must be ordered through EERI.
- Developing Country Membership ($45): An all-electronic membership option for individuals who are both residing in and a citizen of a country whose economy is classified other than "high-income" by the World Bank.
- Corporate Membership ($1000): Corporations can also join the society. View details about corporate membership.
Members applying between July 1st and November 30th get an 18-month membership (half of the current year plus the entire upcoming year). Prices are 1.5 times the rates shown above. All memberships expire on December 31.
If you have questions, please contact SSA at membership [at] seismosoc [dot] org or call 510-525-5474.