SSA offers four types of travel grants to participate in the 2024 Annual Meeting:
- Student Travel Grants are available to SSA student members from inside or outside the U.S.
- Early-Career Grants are available to early-career members who are members in good standing.
- International Travel Grants are available to SSA members who are not students and who must travel from outside the U.S. to attend the SSA meeting.
- ESC/SSA Travel Grants are available to anyone traveling from a member-state of the European Seismological Commission. An active SSA membership is not required to apply for this grant. This grant is provided under a cooperative agreement between SSA and ESC. Click here to see the list of ESC member-states.
All applicants will be asked to submit a personal essay, a draft itinerary and an abstract as first author. All travel grant recipients must present their work in either an oral or poster session at the meeting.
Only one application per institution may be awarded. Only one application per category per institution may be awarded.
The SSA Annual Meeting Travel Grant program is highly competitive, awarding 23 grants out of 87 applicants for the 2023 Annual Meeting in Puerto Rico. Learn more about our past recipients.
The grants include complimentary registration and funds to support lodging, meals and travel accommodations.
Conveners: If you will be convening an Annual Meeting session and qualify for one of the above Annual Meeting travel grants, you may apply without submitting an abstract. In the section where it asks for your abstract, please explain you are co-convening a session and provide your session information there.
Letters of Support:
- Student applicants must have a faculty advisor submit a one-to-two paragraph letter of support to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2023.
- Early-Career applicants must submit a one-to-two paragraph letter of support from a supervisor to email@example.com by 30 November 2023.
Review a Sample Application [299 KB].
Applications for the SSA 2024 Annual Meeting Travel Grants are now being accepted through 30 November 2023.
If you have a question, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.