Applications for SSA 2022 Annual Meeting Travel Grants are now closed. SSA offers four types of travel grants:
- Student Travel Grants are available to SSA student members from inside or outside the USA who must travel more than 500 km (311 miles) to attend the meeting.
- Early-Career Grants are available to early-career members who have been members in good standing for at least one year.
- International Travel Grants are available to SSA members who are not students and who must travel from outside the US to attend the SSA meeting.
- ESC/SSA Travel Grants are available to anyone traveling from a member-state of the European Seismological Commission. An active SSA membership is not required to apply for this grant. This grant is provided under a cooperative agreement between SSA and ESC. Click here to see the list of ESC member-states.
All applicants will be asked to submit a personal essay, a draft itinerary and an abstract as first author. All travel grant recipients must present their work in either an oral or poster session at the meeting.
Only one application per institution may be awarded. Only one application per category per institution may be awarded.
Conveners: If you will be convening an Annual Meeting session and qualify for one of the above Annual Meeting travel grants, you may apply without submitting an abstract. In the section where it asks for your abstract, please explain you are co-convening a session and provide your session information there.
Letters of Support
- Student applicants must have a faculty advisor submit a one-to-two paragraph letter of support to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2021.
- Early-Career applicants must submit a one-to-two paragraph letter of support from a supervisor to email@example.com by 30 November 2021.
Review a Sample Application [299 KB].
Applications are now closed for the SSA 2022 Annual Meeting Travel Grants.
Deadline: 30 November 2021 at 5 p.m. Pacific
If you have a question, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign-up for the SSA Travel Grant Mailing List
If you are interested in receiving emails about SSA’s travel grant programs, sign up for our email list using the button below.Email List Sign-up