Keynote Speakers Announced
17 February 2022–Six leading experts in seismic tomography will present their most recent research and their perspectives on where their field is headed at Seismic Tomography: What Comes Next? The in-person conference, presented by SSA, is scheduled for 28-30 October 2022 in Toronto, Canada.
The keynote speakers are:
- Sergei Lebedev, University of Cambridge and Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies: “Increasing the Resolution of Global and Regional Tomography: Progress and Challenges”
- Nicholas Rawlinson, University of Cambridge: “From Travel Time to Adjoint Waveform Tomography in Southeast Asia, Where Never the Twain Shall Meet…”
- Jeroen Ritsema, University of Michigan: “Heterogeneity of Seismic Wave Velocity in Earth’s Mantle”
- Barbara Romanowicz, University of California, Berkeley and College de France: “40 Years of Global Mantle Tomography: Achievements and Challenges Ahead”
- Carl Tape, University of Alaska Fairbanks: “Seismic Imaging of Sedimentary Basins with Complex Seismic Wave Propagation”
- Jeroen Tromp, Princeton University: “Source Encoding and Uncertainty Quantification for Global Waveform Inversion”
The keynote speakers, along with conference co-chairs Andreas Fichtner of ETH Zürich and Clifford Thurber of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will also participate in separate panel discussions intended to actively engage all participants. Oral and poster presentations from the community will round out the three-day conference.
Check back soon for the full meeting program.
Registration for Abstract Submitters
The registration process is largely tied to the submission and acceptance of abstracts. Once an abstract has been accepted by the co-chairs, the presenter will be emailed a special link to register for the meeting. For full details on registering, including registering as a non-presenter, visit the registration page.
Questions? Email SSA at email@example.com.