SSA provides invitation letters to those who meet one of the below requirements:
- You are a confirmed presenter at the SSA Annual Meeting.
- You are a convener at the SSA Annual Meeting.
- You have registered for the SSA Annual Meeting.
SSA recommends international participants apply for visas at least two months before the meeting. Please remember to contact your consulate to determine the wait time for an interview.
In December, you will have the ability to request an invitation letter to the SSA Annual Meeting through our online system. Please check back in December 2019.
SSA recognizes the importance of students and international participation at Annual Meetings.
Each year SSA provides student and international members with the opportunity to apply for several Society funded travel grants:
- The Student Travel Grant is available to SSA student members from inside or outside the USA who must travel more than 500 km (311 miles) to attend the meeting.
- The International Travel Grant is available to SSA members who are not students and who must travel from outside the US to attend the SSA meeting.
- The ESC/SSA Travel Grant is available to anyone traveling from a member-state of the European Seismological Commission. This grant is provided under a cooperative agreement between SSA and ESC. Click here to see the list of ESC member-states.
Applications are accepted each year, starting 1 November and due by 30 November at 5 p.m. Pacific. Travel grants cover the cost of meeting registration and provide a modest cash award. All grant recipients must submit a first-authored abstract and present their work in either an oral or poster session at the meeting. Only one application per institution may be awarded.