Registration is now open for the five separate Virtual Tomography Sessions. The sessions are complimentary for SSA Members, but registration is required. If you would like to become a member, SSA offers student, early career and developing country membership discounts. Join here: seismosoc.org/membership. If you are not an SSA member, the cost for these five virtual events is $100.
Sessions will be recorded and available to members and paying attendees at the SSA website. Meeting registration fees are 100% refundable if the cancellation is received one week before the event following your registration date.
If you are unsure of your member status or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.REGISTER
Meeting Topics and Dates
- Cutting-edge Methods for Seismic Imaging I – 6 October 2020 at 10 AM Pacific
- Discussants: Jeroen Ritsema (University of Michigan) and Carl Tape (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- “Markov Chain Monte Carlo Regional Tomography Models of Western North America: Findings from Alaska & Southern California.” Elizabeth Berg, University of Utah, Utah, USA
- “Adjoint tomography of New Zealand’s North Island Using an Automated, Open-source Workflow.” Bryant Chow, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
- “Seismic Traveltime Tomography Based on Stochastic Voronoi Cells Parameterization: Applications from Local to Global Scales.” Hongjian Fang, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, USA
- “Accelerating Global-Scale Full-Waveform Inversion.” Sölvi Thrastarson, ETH Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
- “Uncertainty Quantification in Full Waveform Tomography with Ensemble Data Assimilation – Methods and Anisotropy.” Julien Thurin, Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Alaska, USA
- Cutting-edge Methods for Seismic Imaging II – 10 November 2020. More details forthcoming.
- Paula Koelmeijer
- Ross Maguire
- Thanh-Son Pham
- Lise Retailleau
- Rita Touma
- 2 February 2021. Details forthcoming.
- 2 March 2021. Details forthcoming.
- 6 April 2021. Details forthcoming.
Thank you to SmartSolo for sponsoring the Virtual