The US Geological Survey is seeking a Computer Scientist or Geophysicist with strong computer skills to join the team that is developing and operating the ShakeAlert earthquake early warning system. ShakeAlert is a mission-critical, distributed system that rapidly detects earthquakes and generates and issues alerts to the public and institutional users on the West Coast of the U.S. Applicants who have skills applicable to the development and operation of scientific systems in a real-time Linux environment will receive consideration for this opportunity. Languages used include C++, Python and Java. Experience with Puppet, Active MQ, Git, and Perl is desirable.
* This is a Permanent, Full-Time position
* Level is GS-13 with a starting salary of $100,820 annually
* This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
* Limited telework is available.
* Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and a background investigation will be required
* You must apply by March 10, 2020 (12:00pm EDT)
* Please apply early and carefully follow the instructions and resume guidelines.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply or get more details go to USAJOBS.gov:
Announcement number: SAC-2020-0140
Project website: https://www.usgs.gov/natural-hazards/earthquake-hazards/shakealert
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com