Data Quality Analyst Position with the USGS Earthquake Monitoring Project
GS-11 – $69,107 (Step 01) to $89,835 (Step 10); GS-12 – $82,830 (Step 01) to $107,680 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Open to current or former Federal employees. Must be a US Citizen.
Link to the vacancy announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/721323200
As a Data Quality Analyst for the Early Earthquake Warning system within the Earthquake Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Monitors earthquake motions in the ground and/or structures using scientific instrumentation and computer systems/applications.
- Analyzes seismic waveform data quality and diagnoses data problems using digital seismological data acquisition including sensor technology, digitizers, filtering, and instrument response.
- Modifies or develops computer programs and/or scripts for seismological and state-of-health data acquisition and processing.
- Uses operating software systems for seismic processing and/or earthquake product creating distribution (for example, AQMS, Earthworm, or ShakeMap).
- Collects data and manages metadata from operating geophysical monitoring networks, arrays, and individual stations.
- Writes reports and clearly presents complex technical information both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences on earthquake activity, earthquake processes, and earthquake hazards.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
This vacancy is limited to the first 40 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day this application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight Eastern Time of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement due to the applicant limit being reached. Supporting documents will not be accepted once the vacancy announcement closes.
Clarification on Duty Station:
The physical worksite options for this advertisement are located in Menlo Park, CA or another location determined at the time of selection. This position is eligible for workplace flexibilities which may include remote work or telework options. The final duty station of the selectee will be a joint decision made between the selectee and the hiring official. Locality pay will be adjusted appropriately and determined by the final duty location of each selectee.
Remote Work: Remote work is a flexible arrangement in which an employee conducts their work from a personally designated location, most often their residence. If your final duty location is anywhere other than Menlo Park, CA, you will be considered a remote worker.
Telework Eligibility: If your final duty location is Menlo Park, CA, you may have the option to telework in accordance with DOI Telework policy and with supervisory approval. The selectee will typically report to the designated physical worksite on a regular and recurring weekly basis.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.