Journal Claims - Members & Subscribers
BSSA and/or SRL are bimonthly publications and are shipped at the beginning of each month direct from the printer at the time each is published. (SRL publishes in January, March, May, July, September, & November. BSSA publishes in February, April, June, August, October, & December.)
If you did not receive an issue of BSSA and/or SRL, or you receive a damaged copy or empty packaging sleeve - please file a claim for the missing journal issue.
To file a claim, please read and follow the instructions below:
- Journal Arrival: All journals are shipped at the beginning of each month by Media Mail in the U.S. or by Standard Mail outside the U.S. (unless you have paid for priority shipping).
For shipments within the the U.S., claims will be accepted starting 6-8 weeks after the journal ship date.
For shipments outside the U.S., claims will be accepted starting 12 weeks after the journal ship date.
- Claim Period: The claim period lasts 120 days following the end of th emonth of publication. Claims will be accepted only 3 times per journal issue. If a claim is submitted for an issue after the claim period has closed, or the number of claims exceeds the 3 claim per journal issue limit, the claim will not be accepted and a journal order will be required.
(Submit journal orders to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Address Confirmation: If the delivery addresses has changed, please confirm the address on the subscription or membership account. Be sure to include the old delivery address and clearly indicate the new delivery address.
- Include the SSA Customer Number or SSA Member ID Number:
For Subscribers: Include the SSA Customer Number (or publisher reference number). The SSA Customer number is the 5 digit number listed on all subscription renewal statements, and is printed on the journal mailing label. *If the SSA Customer Number can not be found, please provide any specific information associated with the subscription (mailing address, account e-mail address, subscription payment information, agent reference number or order number, etc.).
For Members: Include the SSA Member ID Number. The SSA Member ID number is the 5 digit number listed on all member renewal statements and is printed on the journal mailing label. *If the SSA Member ID number is can not be found, please provide any specific information associated with the membership (mailing address, account e-mail address, membership payment information, etc.).
- Include the Vol. & Issue No. of the Journal(s) being claimed. Clearly indicate which journal (BSSA and/or SRL) and Volume/Issue No. is being claimed. Also, please indicate which journals (BSSA and/or SRL, Volume/Issue No. have already been received to date.
- Submitting the Claim: E-mail all claims to: email@example.com. Be sure to include the required information above. *If the claim does not meet the above requirements it will not be accepted, and you may be asked to either re-submit the claim at a later time or submit a journal order for the issue being claimed.
Please send further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at: 510-525-5474.