SSA mails its two journals directly from the printer as each one is published. Although we do our best to ensure that your journal gets to you, sometimes things do go wrong and journals don't arrive as expected. If you are missing an issue or one gets damaged in shipment, please inform SSA. To file a claim, please read the following instructions:
- Please give the journal time to get to you. We mail all journals media rate in the US or standard mail outside the US unless you have paid for priority shipping. That means, in the US you need to allow 6-8 weeks for shipping. In other countries, it can take up to 12 weeks for delivery. We do not process claims until we are sure they have not arrived normally.
- Don't wait too long. You may submit a claim up to 6 months after the issue should have arrived. After that, if you are missing a journal and want to replace it, you can purchase it from SSA.
- Check your address. If you have moved recently or the internal addresses at your organization has changed, we may have the wrong address. When you contact us, be sure to provide your current correct address.
- Provide your customer/member number. It is much easier for us to research your concern if we have your SSA ID. It is a 5-digit number that is printed on the mailing label of your journal. If you don't have this, provide us with any specific information that will help us locate your account (check number used for payment, agency reference number, etc.)
- Identify missing issues. Let us know exactly which issues you have received and which ones you have not.
Once you have the information you need, contact SSA at email@example.com or 510-525-5474. We will research it and get back to you as soon as possible.