The Annual Meeting boasts an outstanding program of technical sessions every year. Special events offer unique experiences that you won’t want to miss.
- Opening Keynote and Reception, Monday, 27 April, 5–7:30 p.m. (Check back for more information!)
- President’s Address, Tuesday, 28 April, 1 p.m.
- Public Policy Lecture: Terry Wallace, Director Emeritus, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Wednesday, 29 April, 1:15–2:15 p.m.
- Joyner Lecture and Reception, Julian Bommer, Imperial College of London, Wednesday, 29 April, 6–8:30 p.m.
- Mentoring Luncheon, Tuesday, 28 April, Noon–1 p.m.
An informal opportunity to gain helpful advice, early-career and student members are encouraged to attend this luncheon to meet with more seasoned colleagues who will share their experience and answer questions. Attendance is free, but RSVP is required with registration.
- Women in Seismology Luncheon, Wednesday, 29 April, Noon — 1 p.m.
Add your voice to the conversation! At this year’s event, attendees will network, as well as discuss topics defined through the registration process. Information gathered from discussion at the luncheon will help define how SSA can be of most help to women who seek a career in seismology. All attendees are welcome at this event, which is free. RSVP is required.
- Student and Early-Career Reception, Tuesday, 28 April, 7:30–8:30 p.m.
Open to early-career and student attendees only, this is a great opportunity to connect with your colleagues at an evening reception.