Website U.S. Geological Survey
The USGS Earthquake Science Center has several job announcements for Electronics Technicians in the Southern California Seismic Network, the Northern California Seismic Network, the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network, and the National Strong Motion Project.
As an Electronics Technician within the Earthquake Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Maintain the existing network of analog/digital equipment and relay stations that comprises either the Southern California Seismic Network (SCSN), the Northern California Seismic Network (NCSN), the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network (PNSN), or the National Strong Motion Network (NSMN).
- Install, configure, diagnose, and repair sophisticated electronic seismic station components such as seismometers, analog and digital dataloggers, power systems, or radio, satellite and cell based telemetry.
- Develop methods and procedures for the use of test equipment and computer systems to detect, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. Proper continuous operation (24/7/365) is monitored, and defects are addressed quickly to minimize impacts on the data latency and return.
- Plan, design, and fabricate electronic and mechanical systems as part of the installation of new seismic stations, relay stations, and the relocation or upgrade of existing stations.
- Work with scientists/engineers from the USGS and other institutions on special studies and field response to significant earthquakes.
- Work with land owners for access to sites.
- Operate a government-owned or -leased vehicle in the performance of official duties.
Please click on the following link to view the announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/719824600
- If applicants are qualifying based on education, all copies of unofficial transcripts need to be submitted. This is especially important if applicants have attended multiple schools. Their current school does not always list the transfer classes out.
- Resumes should include a month and year, along with their relevant work experience underneath each period of employment. Resumes should contain enough details regarding their work experience for HR to determine whether they have the specialized experience.
- All required documentation MUST be submitted prior to the close of the announcement. All documents must be legible. Applicants can always e-mail the HR contact person in the vacancy announcement to confirm that their documents uploaded correctly.
- Applicants may also access the HELP section of the USAJobs site, which provides more detail regarding the federal hiring process: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/
Although the information provided above is already in the announcement and can also be found on the USAjobs help section (also provided in the announcement), applicants are often disqualified due to these reasons.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org