One Community. One Mission.
At SSA, we know that we need each other to advance earthquake science. The newcomers and the veterans. The authors and the reviewers. The researchers and their advocates.
Everyday our members support one another in our shared mission. They volunteer their time to edit the pages of SSA’s journals, mentor our students and remind the nation’s policymakers why our work matters.
We’re member-driven. That means your voice will be heard. We’ll explore the topics you care about. We’ll be here for you in challenging times.
Seismology isn’t a solo journey. It takes a community. Join us.
- Gain ongoing professional development opportunities, including virtual training, mentoring and workshops.
- Save on registration fees to scientific conferences.
- Access the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA), Seismological Research Letters (SRL).
- Enjoy reduced APC to publish in The Seismic Record, a new seismology journal coming in 2021.
- Engage and collaborate with our global community.
By Joining, You Can:
- Mentor others, helping them advance in their careers.
- Communicate about seismology.
- Support the case for funding of our science.
- Share your science and contribute to the advancement of the field.
- Advance seismology for the good of the world, as well as your immediate community.