SSA provides invitation letters to those who meet one of the below requirements:
- You are a confirmed presenter at the SSA Annual Meeting.
- You are a convener at the SSA Annual Meeting.
- You have registered for the SSA Annual Meeting.
SSA recommends international participants apply for visas at least two months before the meeting. Please remember to contact your consulate to determine the wait time for an interview.
In December, you will have the ability to request an invitation letter to the SSA Annual Meeting through our online system.
Any questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSA is proud to offer Annual Meeting travel grants that cover the cost of meeting registration and provide a modest cash award. We have several Society-funded travel grants open for applications:
- Student Travel Grants are available to SSA student members from inside or outside the USA who must travel more than 500 km (311 miles) to attend the meeting.
- International Travel Grants are available to SSA members who are not students and who must travel from outside the US to attend the SSA meeting. The International Travel Grants are funded by the Kanamori Fund.
- An ESC/SSA Travel Grant is available to anyone traveling from a member-state of the European Seismological Commission. This grant is provided under a cooperative agreement between SSA and ESC and is funded by the Kanamori Fund. Click here to see the list of ESC member-states.
Applications are accepted every November and are due by 30 November at 5 p.m. Pacific. Travel grants cover the cost of meeting registration and provide a modest cash award. All grant recipients must submit a first-authored abstract and present their work in either an oral or poster session at the meeting. Only one application per institution may be awarded.